Join a successful and agile startup in Aarhus
Senior Backend Developer
UNSILO is looking for an adventurous and self-paced Senior Backend Developer for a full-time position. We are a small multicultural and highly talented team, focused on delivering innovative search and discovery technologies to international corporations. We have an iterative work process, following agile methodologies, and a short path from initial idea to delivered code, to live testing.
About the Job
As a member of our core development team, you will work with talented colleagues to develop micro services that integrate a variety of frontend clients with our search backend. You will help scale our system to meet demands, and collaborate with colleagues working on different parts of the system.
- Strong Java programming skills
- Good understanding of concurrent programming & distributed systems
- General web development experience involving some of the following:
- Server side programming (e.g. J2EE, Reactive platform, Spring or some micro service framework like Vert.x, RESTExpress or Spark)
- Search technology (e.g. Lucene, Elasticsearch, or SOLR)
- Big Data stores (e.g. Cassandra, DynamoDB, Google Datastore, or MongoDB)
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Cloud Foundry)
- Cloud deployment and provisioning (e.g. Docker, Ansible, or CoreOS)
- You have 3+ years of commercial experience
- You feel comfortable and at home in an agile development team
- You have high professional standards and take pride in writing quality code
- You seek continuous self-improvement
An opportunity to work with the latest tools and methods in your field, membership of a team of ambitious and highly motivated colleagues, wages that match your qualifications, and access to the company stock option plan.
We are a software development company located in Aarhus. We develop semantic search technologies and services for the World’s largest scientific publishers. Our vision is to break down knowledge barriers, democratize access to research and expert knowledge, and make it fast and easy for researchers, engineers, designers, and product developers to gain insights into completely new knowledge domains.
Send you application to Mads Villadsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a description of yourself, your skills, why we should hire you, and a few examples of stuff you have done and are proud of.
Deadline June 15th 2016.
For additional inquiries, or to learn more about UNSILO, feel free to call our CEO Thomas Laursen (+45 24 63 04 58).