Join a successful and agile startup in Aarhus
Big Data Engineer
UNSILO is looking for an adventurous and self-paced Big Data Engineer for a full-time position. We are a small multicultural and highly talented team, focused on delivering innovative search and discovery technologies to international corporations. We have an iterative work process, following agile methodologies, and a short path from initial idea to delivered code, to live testing.
About the Job
As a member of our core development team, you will work with talented colleagues to develop algorithms and apply methods from Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics, Probabilistic Reasoning, and Distributed Systems to improve our semantic search capabilities.
- Strong programming skills
- Java, Scala, C/C++ or Python
- Experience implementing ML algorithms, preferably in a commercial context
- E.g. Text Mining, Recommender Systems, Business Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Online Learning, or Deep Learning
- Experience implementing Big Data solutions using at least some of the following
- Distributed computation (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Storm, AWS SWF, or Kafka)
- Big Data stores (e.g. Cassandra, DynamoDB, Google Datastore, or MongoDB)
- Search technologies (e.g. Lucene, Elasticsearch, or SOLR)
- Cloud deployment and provisioning (e.g. Docker, Ansible, or CoreOS)
- You feel comfortable and at home in an agile development team
- You have high professional standards and take pride in writing quality code
- You seek continuous self-improvement
An opportunity to work with the latest tools and methods in your field, membership of a team of ambitious and highly motivated colleagues, wages that match your qualifications, and access to the company stock option plan.
We are a software development company located in Aarhus. We develop semantic search technologies and services for the World’s largest scientific publishers. Our vision is to break down knowledge barriers, democratize access to research and expert knowledge, and make it fast and easy for researchers, engineers, designers, and product developers to gain insights into completely new knowledge domains.
Send you application to Mads Villadsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a description of yourself, your skills, why we should hire you, and a few examples of stuff you have done and are proud of.
Deadline June 15th 2016.
For additional inquiries, or to learn more about UNSILO, feel free to call our CEO Thomas Laursen (+45 24 63 04 58).