Join a successful and agile startup in Aarhus
UNSILO is looking for an adventurous and self-paced DevOps Engineer for a full-time position. We are a small multicultural and highly talented team, focused on delivering innovative search and discovery technologies to international corporations. We have an iterative work process, follow agile methodologies, and test our ideas at scale with real-time data.
About the Job
Your primary role will be to manage several custom infrastructure deployments for international clients. Tasks range from setup and maintenance over managing data import and processing, to exploring new ways to optimize and scale our system to demand, in collaboration with a team of highly motivated colleagues. You will be in charge of deployment and monitoring of our systems as well as taking part in helping us achieve a higher degree of continuous integration.
Your secondary role will be development of and continuous refinements to API services that bridge and integrate front end web development with backend features. This will in large part be based around REST services written in Java combined with our own data stores and ElasticSearch.
- Professional experience with Java, Python
- Experience with Linux and setting up web infrastructure
- Good understanding of concurrent and distributed systems
- Experience with automatic and continuous deployment, cloud provisioning, and monitoring
- Development experience with ElasticSearch, REST services, and integration
- You feel comfortable and at home in an agile development team
- You have high professional standards and take pride in writing quality code
- You work independently to implement the ideas we agree upon
- You welcome challenges and are eager to master new technologies – and you will help others understand platform features and how to utilize them
- You have the ability to understand other people’s code
What you’d be doing in six months
- Managing a matured infrastructure to achieve frequent releases
- Proactive monitoring of performance, uptime, rollouts
- Responsible for our increased focus on continuous testing, integration, and deployment
An opportunity to work with the latest tools and methods in distributed search (including Ansible, Docker, Amazon Web Services, EC2, and more), membership of a team of ambitious and highly motivated colleagues, wages that match your qualifications and access to the company stock option plan.
We are a software development company located in Aarhus, Denmark. We develop machine intelligence technologies for the World’s largest scientific publishers. Our vision is to break down knowledge barriers and make it fast and easy for researchers to gain insights into new knowledge domains.
Send you application to Mads Villadsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a description of yourself, your competencies, why we should hire you, and some examples of projects you are proud of.
Deadline June 15th 2016.
For additional inquiries, visit our website, or call our CEO Thomas Laursen (+45 24 63 04 58).